New Year’s Eve is almost here! Goodbye 2016, hello 2017. Every New Year’s Eve always has two things for me: a cute dress and champagne.
Yet, like some of you, I am getting older. I cannot party like I used to. I miss the days where I could go until 3 or 4 a.m. and be okay the next day (or even wake up without my feet or knees hurting). There are few things you can do to make sure New Year Day isn’t a complete waste after celebrating New Year’s Eve.
- Sleep In: If your job and life allows it, sleep in on New Year’s Eve. You will be up late, so you want to make sure you are well rested.
- Drink Water: Throughout the day, make sure you are drinking plenty of water before heading out.
- Eat: Eat throughout the day to give yourself fuel.
- Bring Aspirin: You might need it to fall asleep.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Yes, heels are fun but if your event is an all night party, then wear comfortable shoes. Maybe three inch heels, sparkling flats or comfortable booties.
- Bring a coat: If you live where it is cold wear a coat. There is coat check for a reason.
- Plan Your Exit: Figure out how you are getting home. Public transit, Lyft or Uber, or a friend. You need to know when you are leaving and how before you go out. It helps ease any late night stress.
- Wash Your Face: When you get home wash your face. Your skin will love you the next day.
Enjoy ringing in 2017! Be safe, be merry, be you.
Hugs and Smiles,